Biomass pellets are widely used, especially when the temperature is low, many people will use biomass for heating, so some biomass pellets are usually stored, so how should biomass pellet fuel be stored in peacetime?
1. Ensure the drying of biomass fuel pellets: The raw materials of biomass fuel pellets, especially straw-like materials, are usually transported directly from the ground to the production plant. Before processing the straw into pellets, you need to thoroughly dry the straw.
2. Make sure the biomass fuel pellets are moisture-proof. Biomass fuels such as stems can be collected without drying and are usually stored by natural air drying. This storage method is suitable for cold or wet rainy days. During peak fuel purchases, a large amount of biomass fuel is piled up in open-air fuel fields. The moisture content of biomass fuel at the time of purchase is as follows. Although low, prolonged exposure to wind and rain can increase its moisture content.
3. Since the water content and ash content of biomass fuel particles vary with external conditions such as seasons, there is a certain difference in the performance of fuels that have been transported for a long time and those that have just been transported. In order to control the fuel, various aspects of the overall performance need to be adjusted during production, even with later variables, but this does not change much.
The future development path of biomass energy pellet fuel in my country
my country is the world's largest energy-consuming country. Traditional coal mines, petroleum and other energy sources have always been a limitation of our country's development. The development of biomass energy has solved the problem of coal mines, but in fact, the development of biomass energy in my country is still slow.
1. China has a wide variety of biomass resources and huge reserves.
Compared with fossil fuels, biomass resources are various, numerous and widely distributed. It mainly includes: firewood fuel, crop waste, livestock manure, energy plants, urban waste, etc. Among them, the crop waste biomass pellet fuel mainly includes straw (rice straw, wheat straw, cotton straw, etc.). ), weeds, rice husks, peanut shells, etc. Energy crops are crops that are used exclusively for energy. At present, the tree species used for oil crops include Jatropha curcas, tung wood, black tallow, sumac, walnut, camellia, berberine, olive, pomegranate oil tree, tetrahedron, etc.
In addition, there are about 60 million hectares of marginal land in the country, including suitable agricultural reserve land, winter idle land, reserve forest land, and oil-bearing forest land. Under the basic principle of "not competing with people for food and not competing with food for land", we can explore the development and utilization of marginal land resources to grow energy crops and energy trees.
2. There are many types of biomass energy and application technologies in my country, but the development of various technologies is unbalanced.
At present, some biomass energy utilization technologies are relatively mature, have certain economic competitiveness, and have initially achieved commercialization and large-scale applications, such as biogas technology. Many biomass utilization technologies have entered the early stages of commercialization. Currently, these measures need to be promoted through economic incentives such as subsidies, such as biomass power generation, biomass solid briquettes, and bioliquid fuels that use non-food crops as feedstocks. There are also many emerging biomass energy utilization technologies currently in the stage of R&D and demonstration, eager to gradually realize industrialization and commercial application in the next 20 years, mainly including biofuel ethanol using cellulose as raw material, and biofuels using oil plants as raw materials. Diesel etc.
3. The low degree of industrialization of biomass energy leads to a serious waste of biomass resources in my country
Due to the general reduction of production technology and utilization rate, my country has not been able to develop rapidly in the field of biomass energy. However, with the gradual maturity of technology and the advantages of biomass particles, it is believed that in the future, my country's biomass energy utilization rate will gradually increase.
Characteristics of biomass pellet fuel compared with coal
Biomass fuel is made by mechanically compressing wood chips, straw, forage grass, straw and weeds into rods, blocks and pellets. The combustion value per unit volume is more than 10 times. , the ash after combustion is weed ash, which is directly used in farmland. The combustion performance of biomass pellet fuel is comparable to that of medium coal, and compared with medium coal, it has the following characteristics.
(1) The calorie value and ash content of biomass pellet fuel are about 10% lower than that of medium coal. But while biomass pellet fuel runs out of energy under operating conditions, coal cannot burn, leaving 10 to 15 percent of the flammable components in the burning material. Therefore, these two calorie values are equivalent in actual use.
(2) The flammability of biomass pellet fuel is better than that of coal, it is easy to catch fire, and the ignition time is greatly shortened.
(3) Since the solid emission of biomass pellet fuel is smaller than that of coal, the cost of slagging and environmental pollution are reduced. The solid emissions of biomass pellet fuel are all ash, about 0.4% to 7.0% of the total weight, while the emissions of coal-fired solids are a mixture of ash, alkali and residual coal, that is, the total weight. It's about 25% to 40%.
(4) The degree of coal pollution and boiler corrosion in the atmosphere is much greater than that of biomass pellet fuel. Soot contains a lot of granular carbon, toxic SO2, CO and other corrosive gases. The main component of biomass pellet fuel is CH organic matter. The flue gas (mainly CH volatile gas) lacks particulate C and SO2, the emission of SO2 and CO is almost zero, and the color of the flue gas during combustion is less than Ringelmann grade 1. Significantly reduces air pollution and carbon dioxide emissions. Biomass pellet fuel is known as "clean fuel" internationally.
(5) The cost and time of using biomass pellet fuel as boiler fuel is less than when using coal. A 0.5-ton boiler using biomass pellet fuel can reduce coal-fired costs by 11% and save time by 34%. Compared with coal, the fuel cost of the 0.5 ton boiler is reduced by 10% and the time is saved by 16%.
(6) The continuous combustion time of general biomass pellet fuel is 8-10 times that of soft bulk material, and it is in a continuous combustion state.
What problems should be paid attention to in the utilization of biomass fuel
What problems should be paid attention to in the utilization of biomass fuel? We already have some knowledge about biomass fuels, and the exact use of biomass fuels is also very important. What problems should be paid attention to when using these products?
Precautions and maintenance methods for biomass fuel:
1. High cost of granulation by traditional technology
The granulation method used in our country is the same as the conventional raw material granulation method, in which the raw material is added from an annular die, rolled and extruded with a roller to form granules. The processing flow includes drying, pressing, cooling and packaging of raw materials.
This process must consume a lot of energy. During the particle compression process, the pressure can reach 50-100 MPa, the raw material is deformed and heated under high pressure, and the temperature can reach 100°C-120°C. It has to consume a lot of electric motor power. Second, the humidity of the raw material should be about 12%. To achieve this humidity, many raw materials need to be dried before being used for granulation. Third, high temperature granules can be pressed (granule temperature range from 95°C to 110°C) can only be packed after cooling. The latter two processes consume 25% to 35% of the energy of the entire granulation process. In addition, the relatively high wear of the machine during the molding process makes conventional pellet forming machines relatively expensive to manufacture.
2. Insufficient understanding of biomass energy particles
Most people don't know enough about the high-energy, environmental protection, and easy-to-use properties of biomass granules, and even many energy-consuming units don't even know that there are biomass granules, let alone understanding and application.
3. Service supporting measures cannot keep up
After the biomass energy pellet products are produced, the service measures such as transportation, storage, and supply cannot keep up, and it is inconvenient for users to use.
Biomass fuel uses and usage methods:
1) Feed for livestock in large-scale farms, easy to store and transport; 2) Civil heating and domestic energy, clean, non-polluting, easy to store and transport; 3) Industrial boiler and kiln fuel, replacing coal and gas, to solve environmental problems 4) It can be used as fuel for gasification power generation and thermal power generation to solve the problem of closing down small thermal power plants.